Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Bijou Babbles: Gator Alert!

With Valentine’s Day nearly here, I suspect we’re all filled with heart flutters and horniness. Something about the holiday makes me especially babbly, so here it goes…

Turns out adding another pen name to my writing drawer is more than just fun. It’s a lot of work. Twitter accounts, Facebook accounts, and blogs need to be created. I already have FIVE Twitter accounts for my various pen names and blogs. The lazy chick in me begged, “No more!!!”

So the romance I was writing for the “Ilaria” pen name will be published under Bijou. Here's a Gator mini-blurb and my hot guy inspiration:

My scars terrify most people, but she views me as the sun, shining light into the darkness of her past. I am a killer, yet gave her life. She is mine and I dare anyone to stand in my way.





So how is Gator different than the Damaged series? Let us count the ways:
  1. Story is mainly from the guy’s POV.
  2. It’s novella length.
  3. It’s a standalone.
  4. It’s darker, i.e. a little more f’ed up than the Damaged books.

How is it the same?
  1. The guy wants what he wants and refuses to allow anyone to stand in his way.
  2. The chick is f’ed up, but gets stronger with the love of a sexy man.
  3. HEA, an epilogue, and no cheating.

So Gator is in the hands of my beta readers. Next week, I plan to have a few flash giveaways on Facebook for advance ebooks. Never done those before, so I’m super excited.

With Gator in the editing and proofing stages, I’m focused on Dragon and Bulldog. I am writing them together which might sound crazy, but I usually write two projects at a time. Working on the books simultaneously will ensure a shorter wait time between Dragon and Bulldog. ***Not every guy is a stud, but look at this dork giving it a try. :P
 
I want to leave you with a quote from Gator. On Friday, I’ll post a snippet from Dragon. Oh, and there’s an amazing blog giveaway everyone should check out. My ebooks are included along with gift cards and a ton of cool books by many awesome authors.
 
Here’s the Gator quote. I’ll babble again on Valentine's Day!
 
Mia knows me. I am not Gator. I am not the scars or the fearsome look or the body women drool over. I am not a killer or a man to be redeemed. I am just me. Failed and fucked up. I am ruined by life, yet live on to ruin others. I am complicated and simple. I am her savior and just the kid trapped in the swamp with monsters. I am everything and nothing. Mia knows me in a way no one ever has and this is what makes us special.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive